Nurse First is an Innovation and Leadership programme for community professionals. It is an intensive 21-day residential programme that runs over a year and includes learning sets and coaching support.
It works by:
- creating innovative solutions to clinical challenges
- accessing the funding needed to make these solutions happen
- implementing the solutions inside the organisation
As part of the programme,participants are challenged to design, raise funding for, and deliver a real-world project to improve health outcomes in their local area. This is an ambitious goal to put development coaching into practice.
The first cohort of Nurse First participants brought in an average of £16,000 each of funding for their projects. The Business Plans demonstrated cash-releasing savings of an average of £1.2 million each.
Nurse First provides an extremely effective way for an organisation to:
- generate “invest to save” business models
- increase their organisational capacity for innovation
- engage front-line clinicians in innovation
- improve the care they deliver
To book places on the programme for your staff, call 0845 123 7592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for the October 2013 cohort and future cohorts in 2014.
If you would like to apply for the programme, please visit our application page
There are a limited number of fully-funded bursary places on the Nurse First programme starting in October 2014. To qualify, you need to be in one of the following 4 categories:
- A clinician working in Northern Ireland either interested in rural deprivation or improving services for the vulnerable elderly
- A nurse working in a Nursing Home in the UK
- A clinician wanting to improve care for people with dementia in the UK
- A social worker working in Wales interested in health/wellbeing in the UK
These places are entirely free to the participants and the oragnisation only has to release the staff for 21 days and fund their travel costs to Great Missenden. Applications for bursary places are via the Bursary Page.
To sign up for our monthly newsletter to be notified about future cohorts, access exclusive webinars and receive electronic resources, please fill in the form below:
Nurse First is a partnership between